WNC Vote Tracker
The WNC Vote Tracker link is LIVE!
We believe that civic participation extends beyond the ballot box and it is important to stay informed on the issues our legislators have voted on.
The North Carolina General Assembly introduces and passes several bills each year that impact the quality of life in Western North Carolina. The nonpartisan website WNC Vote Tracker, provides information about important legislation in six categories: economic security; education; environment; health & safety; and women's issues. The WNC Vote Tracker also offers an overview of the state budget-arguably the most important legislation passed each year.
The sponsors and partners of this effort represent a diversity of issues such as education, health, environment, women, and children. They come together with this effort to strengthen our democracy through accountability and informed citizen participation. Lead partners of the WNC Vote Tracker include: Children First/ Communities In Schools, Just Economics, Pisgah Legal Services, Western North Carolina Alliance, and Women for Women.
The guide will highlight a variety of bills related to the following:
- Economic Security: Bills addressing unemployment insurance eligibility, health insurance, housing security, access to public assistance, living wages, and the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Education: Bills addressing issues of access to, and quality of, public education.
- Environment: Bills addressing issues of access to, and quality of, public education.
- Health and safety: Bills addressing health insurance, building safety, child safety, and reproductive health.
- Government and Democracy: Bills addressing local control of water resources, election and voting law changes, and repeal of the Racial Justice Act.
- Women: Bills chosen for the additional impact they have on women's health, economic opportunity, and rights.