SPECIAL BULLETIN COVID-19 #37: Patient Information and Support Line Available
April 9, 2020
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
DHHS and Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC) have launched a toll-free Patient Information and Support Line aimed at helping health care providers answer their patients' questions related to COVID-19. Their goal is to relieve some of the tremendous strain the pandemic is putting on health care providers and their staff.
The new helpline is called COVID-19 Triage Plus. Health care providers can recommend their patients call 1-877-490-6642 for assistance from nurse care managers who can help patients with:
- Accessing necessary health care
- Connecting people who use Medicaid or Health Choice with their doctor
- Helping people who do not have insurance find health care resources
- Providing instruction on resources like telehealth or accessing a doctor by telephone or video call
- Understanding how to prevent COVID-19, based on an individual's living situation
- Understanding what someone should do if they have symptoms
- Managing other medical conditions during this time, like diabetes or high blood pressure
COVID-19 Triage Plus aims to support health care providers by offering a new information channel and addressing care management needs. COVID-19 Triage Plus is staffed by North Carolina licensed Registered Nurses experienced in care management, who triage patients using the latest guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and DHHS.
The CCNC COVID-19 Triage Plus Patient Information and Support Line at 1-877-490-6642 will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week to support North Carolina health care providers as they continue their heroic efforts to bring the COVID-19 pandemic under control.
For more on COVID-19 in North Carolina, go to www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus. To learn more about CCNC, visit www.communitycarenc.org.
GDIT, (800) 688-6696
comments powered by