2012 Sawbones vs Jawbones
Date: September 30, 2012 6:00 PM
The Physicians rule. At least in 2012 as the mighty and smaller Sawbones team of physicians outplayed the attorneys, winning 31-25 in the grudge match at Carolina Day School on Sunday September 30, 2012. In the four years the Sawbones and Jawbones teams have played, the teams have each won two games. Playing four eight minute quarters, Sawbones team members Drs. Mark Hedrick (captain) Brian Cohen, Mark Lenderman, Mark Jaben, David May, Brooks Stewart and Ed Diez led the entire game.
View photos from 2012 Sawbones vs Jawbones.
We're in the news!
4-6pm: VIP Reception (Tailgate Party) featuring a silent auction, live music and a simultaneous "Kids Zone". In the Kids Zone children can have fun with games, Bounce House, face painting and other fun activities.
Doors to the gymnasium will open at 5:45pm for the game. Silent auction will continue during the game and concessions will be available.
- 4:00- VIP Reception & Kids Zone
- 5:45- Doors open for general admission
- 6:00- Welcome & Tipoff
Proceeds from the event benefit the charitable programs of the Western Carolina Medical Society Foundation. Learn more about these programs and how they help our community. On behalf of the attorney players, a portion of the proceeds will be given to the charitable work of Pisgah Legal Services.
Ticket sales have closed. Make a Donation
VIP Tailgate Reception:
- $25.00/person or $40.00/couple
- VIP pass includes beverages, catered food for adults, pizza for kids, admission to the game and unlimited access to the Kids Zone for all children in the family
- VIP Reception tickets must be purchased ahead of time
- $5.00 per ticket
- Children 4 and under free
- Purchase your game tickets on-line now or at the door
- $5.00/child and includes admission to the game
- Remember- the Kids Zone is free when parent(s) attend the VIP Reception
- Please purchase Kids Zone tickets ahead of time
Employees of Mission & CarePartners receive a discount on the VIP Reception & Kids Zone!
There were a number of great items available to purchase by auction.
- Nascar Package for four- includes grandstand tickets, pace car rides and pit passes
- 20x20 inch print of "Evening Blush" by local artist, Deborah Squire
- 2 tickets to UNC Home Basketball Game
- Signed and framed Print by Terri Waters
- Cosmetic Vein Services from The Vein Specialists
- $100 worth of food delivered from Mother Earth Produce
- One cake per quarter from Cakes by Jane
- $150 Gift Card to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
Will you consider donating an item for a future auction? You'll receive a tax deduction and help out a great cause! More information here.
- Mark Hedrick (Captain)- Blue Ridge Bone & Joint
- Brian Cohen- Victoria Urological Associates
- Ed Diez- CarePartners/Comprehensive Rehab Care Physicians
- David Graham- Mission Children's Specialists
- Mark Jaben- Independent Emergency Physician
- Jay Jansen- Blue Ridge Bone & Joint
- Mike LeCroy- Mission Hospital Orthopedic Trauma Services
- Mark Lenderman- Asheville Family Health Center
- David May- Asheville Gastroenterology Associates
- Brooks Stewart- Carolina Mountain Emergency Medicine
- James Andrews- Biltmore Medical Associates (injured reserve)
- Ed Bleynat (Captain)- Ferikes & Bleynat
- Kenny Hunt- Roberts & Stevens, P.A.
- Scott Jones- Cloninger, Barbour, Searson & Jones
- Chris Hess- Assistant District Attorney
- Robin Seelbach- Roberts & Stevens, P.A.
- Zac Lamb- Patla, Straus, Robinson & Moore, P.A.
- Brian Elston- Campbell Shatley, PLLC
- Stephen Cash- Roberts & Stevens, P.A.
- Starling Underwood- McGuire, Wood & Bissette
- Carter Webb- Strauss and Associates, P.A.
- Travis Smuckler- The Van Winkle Law Firm, P.A.
- John Veazey- The Van Winkle Law Firm, P.A.
- Meghann Burke- Cogburn & Brazil, P.A.
Thanks to all our current sponsors:
The Dream Team:
Advanced Business Equipment, Inc | Drs. Chambers, Baechtold, Haldeman & Pratt, DDS, MS | Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP | First Citizens Bank | Roberts & Stevens, P.A.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Check out more information here. E-mail email@example.com if interested.
The Sawbones vs Jawbones program booklet included various sized ads from local businesses. Thanks to everyone who purchased ads, promoting their own businesses and supporting the WCMS Foundation!
Questions or comments? Send us an e-mail.
Thanks to the 2012 Sawbones vs Jawbones Committee:
- David Hart, Chair - Paragon Financial
- Blake Bass- Paragon Financial
- Carolyn Coward - The Van Winkle Law Firm
- Michelle Cox- Paragon Financial
- Emilee Dickerson - BCMS Alliance
- Alex Diez - BCMS Alliance
- Kristina Isenhour - WCMS
- Branden Lassen- UNC Asheville Student
- Bill Mance - WCMS Foundation Board
- Eric Moody - Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Janet Oppenheimer - WCMS
- Mike Peterson - Asheville Radiology Associates
- Kelly Roark - Paragon Financial
- Anna Smathers - First Citizens Bank
- Bill Smith - First Citizens Bank
- Johanna Stebbins - ResCare HomeCare
Special thanks to the Young Professionals of Asheville for volunteering during the event.
Photographs from the 2011 Sawbones vs Jawbones event are courtesy of Devon Sullivan