ACTION ALERT: HB 655 - NC Health Care for Working NC Families
April 15, 2019
HB 655 - NC Health Care for Working NC Families is a common sense solution that provides an alternative insurance product to low income North Carolina citizens. The plan would emphasize preventative care and wellness programs to incentivize health. Through covering more lives, this plan helps your patients gain greater access to the health services they need.
Here are some talking points for this bill:
• This plan is estimated to cover over 500,000 North Carolina citizens.
• This plan is estimated to cover low income people who earn between $25,000 and $34,600 for a family of 4.
• This plan would cover men and women not currently eligible for State assistance.
• This plan contains work requirements.WCMS strongly supports further expansion to include people who are not able to work.
• This plan focuses on preventative care and wellness programs.
We are asking YOU to contact your House Member to ask them to support this legislation that is desperately needed to help your patients!
comments powered by