NC Medicaid Comments Submission by NCMS
September 12, 2017
On behalf of the more than 12,000 physician and physician assistant members of the North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS), we respectfully submit these comments on the Proposed Plan Design for NC Medicaid. We appreciate the ongoing conversation with NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and appreciate the opportunity to comment on these and future proposals regarding the transition to managed care in NC.
The NCMS has been engaged in helping to make NC Medicaid successful for decades. Our members participate in all aspects of the program and our organization has been an integral voice in helping to shape the future of Medicaid. To that end, we remain steadfast on the basic principles we reaffirm today. Those include a commitment to:
- Move Medicaid to a value-driven system, consistent with the rest of health care;
- Quality and efficiency goals that are thoroughly vetted, accepted and consistent with current practice;
- Providing physicians with the needed data and tools to identify and address problems;
- Utilizing physician-led teams, in Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) or similar entities; and
- Transparency and accountability for all partners.
Click to view full letter
comments powered by