Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) was established in 1974 to improve training and retention of healthcare professionals across our region. We are dedicated to excellence in clinical care, health professions education, and innovative practices that can be replicated nationally. The largest of the nine state AHEC’s, MAHEC serves NC’s 16 westernmost counties to address national and state concerns with the supply, retention, and quality of health professionals especially in rural areas.
Our Family Medicine Division is hiring for a Part Time Family Practice Physician Faculty to provide excellent, evidence-based, efficient patient care services, as well as resident and student teaching, mentoring, effective supervision. This role is within the department of Family Medicine to help meet the clinical needs of the department.
- Directly care for ambulatory patients in any of the FM Practice sites (Biltmore, Enka-Candler, New bridge, Cane Creek)
- Teach and mentor learners in evidenced-based care
- Participate in and foster scholarship in the ambulatory setting
- Provide services in the inpatient setting at Mission Hospital
- Provide direct clinical care to Family Medicine patients for six-seven ½ days weekly, to include all patients in the ambulatory setting.
- Provide direct clinical care and oversight of resident teams in the inpatient setting at Mission hospital – 5-10 weeks per year.
- Comply in a timely manner with all institutional policies for professional work, including credentialing, documentation, and billing.
- Work effectively with other members of the extended inter-professional team.
- Additional clinical duties as necessary for emergent situations or as arranged otherwise with the employee.
- Serve as a faculty advisor and mentor for residents.
- Promote and participate in education programs of the department (continuing education, resident, student), to include didactics in areas of interest in Internal Medicine
- Supervise and teach learners in both the ambulatory and inpatient environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to community-based health sciences and research.
- Pursue scholarly activity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Licensure to practice medicine in North Carolina.
- Certification by the American Board of Family Physicians
- Appointment in good standing to the medical staff of Mission Health System.
For more information and to apply, visit: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)