This is an opening for a full-time position with excellent benefits in a busy health-care, physician-focused non-profit organization in Asheville, NC. The position is grant-funded for one year, with possible continuation depending on funding.
- Accurate and timely screening and enrollment of referrals into appropriate programs such as Project Access®, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Disability, or Health Insurance Marketplace
- Screening and referral for Social Determinants of Health, verifying information and communicating status of enrollment to patients and providers
- Educating enrollees on their responsibilities and accountability; participating in community education and outreach with safety-net partners
- Collecting metrics for evaluation purposes
- Must be emotionally intelligent, highly organized, self-directed, and efficient.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, multi-task, prioritize work in a fast-paced environment, work independently as well as part of a team, and be service-oriented.
- Must be able to demonstrate fluency in Spanish and English.
- Associates Degree preferred with at least one year of related work experience. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience.
- Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, be flexible with change and be an outstanding ambassador for WCMS.
- Must complete over 30 hours of web-based training covering Qualified Health Plan options, affordability, eligibility rules and regulations, and must pass the web-based certification exam.
- Experience as Community Health worker preferred.
- Excellence in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Speaking voice must be clear, audible and easy to understand on the phone and in person.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and bilingual in Spanish
- MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software)
- Have experience with data entry and data collection for evaluation purposes
EOE, minorities encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming and inclusive employer. Submit resume and pay requirements to: Denise Lewis. Fax: 828-274-2093 No calls please.
Job Type: Full-time