THE WESTERN CAROLINA MEDICAL SOCIETY (WCMS) IS NOW HIRING A
Healthcare Access Coordinator/Interpreter Network Program Administrator
This is an opening for a full-time position with excellent benefits in a busy health-care, physician-focused non-profit organization in Asheville, NC. The position is split between our Project Access® and Interpreter Network (WIN) programs.
- Screen and enroll or make referrals into appropriate programs such as Project Access®, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Disability, or Health Insurance Marketplace
- Verify information and communicate status of enrollment to patients and providers
- Educate enrollees on their responsibilities and accountability; participate in community education and outreach with safety-net partners
- Collect metrics for evaluation purposes
- Support patients in achieving personal goals
- Connect patients with a Primary Care Medical Home
- Connect patients to community-based chronic disease resources
- Navigate clinical and social determinants of health appointments with patients
- Schedule interpretation appointments
- Maintain WIN client and vendor files
- Recruit, retain, and manage WIN clients and vendors
- Provide quality assurance for interpretive services
- Must be emotionally intelligent, highly organized, self-directed, and efficient
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment, work independently as well as part of a team, and be service-oriented
- Ability to promote programs and services to community
- Ability to promote and build teamwork
- Ability to work effectively while adhering to requirements, mandates, codes, and professional boundaries of the interpretation industry
- Ability to recruit, retain and maintain relationships with clients and vendors
- Associates Degree with at least one year of related work experience or equivalent work experience
- Excellence in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Speaking voice must be clear, audible and easy to understand on the phone and in person
- Experience in Certified Application Counselor work is highly preferred
- Must complete web-based training covering Qualified Health Plan options, affordability, eligibility rules and regulations, and must pass the web-based certification exam
- Completion of Community Health Worker training preferred
- Use of personal vehicle
- Must be Bilingual in English and any other language. Spanish preferred.
- Must have completed, and provide a certificate of completion, a basic course on interpreter skills and ethics. Certification by the CCHI or a recognized National Board is preferred. Training in legal field a plus.
- MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and database software)
- Experience with data entry and data collection for evaluation purposes preferred
- Use and/or knowledge of scheduling software helpful
WCMS is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. WCMS bases all employment-related decisions on individuals’ skills, abilities, and qualifications. This applies to recruitment and hiring, promotions, transfers, training, wages, salary and benefit administration, and all other aspects of employment with the organization. Consistent with this principle and applicable federal, state or local laws, WCMS does not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, creed, medical condition including pregnancy, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or Veteran’s status. Further, WCMS condemns discrimination, harassment and intimidation in any form in the workplace, and recognizes its duty to provide all employees with an environment free from such conduct.
Submit resume and pay requirements to: Denise Lewis. Fax: 828-274-2093 No calls please.