Benefits of WCMS Membership
2022 Membership Benefits include:
- Free, confidential therapy or coaching sessions for members
- Offering professional coaching and counseling through the Healthy Healer Program
- Discounts on self-care programs
- Sharing articles on Physcian Well-being in our Healthy Healer Section of our weekly e-news letter Vital-Signs
- New for 2022:
"I am a member of the Western Carolina Medical Society because I care about the health of this community."
WCMS advocates on your behalf by...
- Engaging with legislators and policy makers on important healthcare issues such as:
- Medicaid Reform/Expansion
- Telehealth Parity
- Mental Health Reform
- Scope of Practice
- The physician-patient relationship (keeping legislation out of the exam room)
- Coordinating Virtual White Coat Wednesday events to engage with WNC legislators
- Connecting you with key legislators and policy makers
... which means you play a role in shaping healthcare policy!
WCMS provides you with networking opportunities including...
- Annual Membership Celebration
- This winter event allows physicians and guests to enjoy good music, food, brews, and most importantly the opportunity to socialize and build relationships in a casual, relaxed atmosphere
- Fall Festival
- Attendees enjoy lunch, family activities, live music, networking and more!
- Affinity Groups for:
...which means more connectivity with other WNC Physicians!
WCMS keeps you informed via...
- Vital Signs weekly e-Newsletters
- Timely updates on events, news, articles of interest, resources, and job opportunities.
- Social Media
- Newsroom with important announcements, articles, and more
- Calendar with WCMS events, CME opportunities, and more
- Medici app
- HIPAA-secure texting app for smartphones and tablets so you can safely collaborate with medical colleagues
- Serves as an up-to-date, at your fingertips directory of all WCMS physician members
...which means you save time AND stay on top of the ever-changing healthcare landscape!
"I’m a member of WCMS because I enjoy having further information about what’s going on in the political community around me and in the medical community around me"
WCMS enhances physician leadership in WNC through...
- Developing future leaders
- WCMS offers residents, medical students, and early career physicians various opportunities to develop their leadership skills through championing causes and affinity groups, running special projects, serving on Boards of Directors
...so physicians are equipped for leadership roles in healthcare!
Discounts and Value-Added Member Benefits
WCMS offers a range of discounts on...
... which means that you and your practice save money!
"I joined WCMS because I’m so busy taking care of patients all day I don’t have time for all the medical, political morass that we have to deal with. These guys do a great job of it and I’m so grateful for that.”
WCMS highlights your expertise through...
- 100% Practice Members have the opprotunity to introduce new providers to WCMS membership through free advertising in Vital Signs
- Articles about innovative practices & physicians
- WCMS highlights various physicians and practices on the cutting edge of healthcare transformation
... which enhances the image of your practice and your profession!
WCMS physicians support our charitable programs to...
- Improve access to healthcare
- WCMS' Project Access program helps uninsured, low-income patients get healthcare
- WCMS' Health Access Counselors help WNC residents get insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace
- The WNC Colorectal Cancer Screening Initiative (WNC CRCSI) provides colorectal cancer screening to average risk, uninsured, low income patients between ages of 45 and 75 in Buncombe, Madison, Mitchell and Yancey counties.
- Address disparities in health
...so you help improve the health and wellness of our community!
"I'm a member of WCMS because I have a great appreciation for the organizations' dedication and commitment to supporting physicians in our community and their dedication to our community's access to quality health care as seen through the years by their programs such as Project Access and Interpreter Network Services."