Medical Society Member Benefits
2023 Membership Benefits include:
Members help improve the health and wellness of our community!
“I’m a member of WCMS because I have a great appreciation for the organizations’ dedication and commitment to supporting physicians in our community and their dedication to our community’s access to quality health care as seen through the years by their programs such as Project Access and Interpreter Network Services.”
Dr. Lisa Ladd, ABCCM Medical Ministry
WCMS advocates on your behalf by…
- Engaging with legislators and policy makers on important healthcare issues
- Coordinating Virtual White Coat Wednesday events to engage with WNC legislators
- Connecting you with key legislators and policy makers
… which means you play a role in shaping healthcare policy!
WCMS provides you with networking opportunities including…
- Annual Membership Celebration
- Fall Festival
- Various Affinity Groups
…which means more connectivity with other WNC Physicians!
WCMS keeps you informed via…
- Weekly E-Newsletters
- Social Media
- The WCMS Website
…which means you save time AND stay on top of the ever-changing healthcare landscape!
WCMS enhances physician leadership in WNC through…
- Developing future leaders
- WCMS offers residents, medical students, and early career physicians various opportunities to develop their leadership skills through championing causes and affinity groups, running special projects, serving on Boards of Directors.
…so physicians are equipped for leadership roles in healthcare!
DISCOUNTS & VALUE ADDED BENEFITS
WCMS offers a range of discounts on…
- Translation services (10% discount for 100% member practices)
- Preferred Vendors
- Job Board Postings
YMCA, Camp Bow Wow, and More!
… which means that you and your practice save money!
MARKETING / PR
WCMS Highlights your Expertise through…
- 100% Practice Members have the opportunity to introduce new providers to WCMS membership through free advertising in Vital Signs
- Highlighting various physicians and practices on the cutting edge of healthcare transformation
… which enhances the image of your practice and your profession!
HEALTHY HEALER PROGRAM (HHP)
Care for Yourself
Promoting well-being through advocacy, education and supportive resources and services for a medical community that feels safe, nurtured and supported.
WCMS LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY EFFORTS
WCMS strives to remain bipartisan and to serve as a vehicle for the distribution of healthcare related policy information to our members.
Our legislative advocacy focus is to preserve the physician-patient relationship and to keep legislation out of the exam room. Through these efforts we encourage all physicians to educate themselves on the various issues facing their patients and the practice of medicine and become actively engaged in the legislative process.
Our legislative advocacy strategy includes:
- Issuing and publicizing WCMS position statements as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Helping physicians build positive relationships with legislators; for example, via local visits and attending NCMS’s White Coat Wednesdays in Raleigh.
- Facilitating opportunities for physicians who identify a legislative issue to connect with other like-minded physicians and the appropriate legislators.
- During election years, conducting a virtual candidate forum on our website in advance of election day. We ask candidates to share their position on key healthcare related issues with our members.
- During election years, posting fundraising events on our website.
- Supporting medicine-friendly candidates through NCMS’ Political Action Committee (PAC).
What our Members Have to Say
Communicating and developing relationships with our legislators is important if physicians are to have influence in our state government. It was a privilege to meet with our lawmakers. I was impressed by the consideration given to our concerns from representatives of both parties. I definitely will return to the state capital for further physician advocacy and I encourage my colleagues to do the same.
Being in Raleigh reminds you that our voice matters! Legislators from both sides of the aisle were welcoming and attentive as we explained our concerns about the STOP Act (Narcotics) and proposed legislation concerning non-physicians’ scope of practice. I think our personal stories mean a lot to them, and it was rewarding to be part of the effort to improve the legislation that will have a direct impact on our patients and the practice of medicine.
BECOME A WCMS 100% MEMBER PRACTICE
WCMS thanks those practices who have 100% of their physicians and physician assistants as members.
Our recognition program includes:
- 100% Member Practice managers AND members have access to discounts through WCMS community partners!
- 10% Discount on WCMS Interpreter Network services. (WIN)
- Vital Signs weekly, WCMS member exclusive, e-Newsletter sent to WCMS 100% Member Practice Managers to keep your office up-to-date on the latest news, issues, and events.
- Additional, Practice Manager specific, quarterly newsletter, Best Practices, with resources and events handpicked for regional Practice Managers.
- Practice Managers, physicians, physician assistants and their families invited to our Annual Celebration and Fall Festival.
- FREE posts on our website Job Board with links in Vital Signs weekly e-Newsletter.
- FREE posts in Vital Signs to keep our member community informed about the latest changes within your practice. Announce new providers or share latest practice news. 100% Member Practices have access to free advertising to a large provider market.
WCMS 2023 Annual Membership Dues
- Medical or PA Student MemberFREEMedical students who are participating full-time in a teaching program in WNC
- Resident/Fellow Member$50Graduate physicians who are participating full-time in a teaching program in WNC
- Emeritus Chapter Member$75Physicians who have retired from active medical practice
- Physician Assistant Member$225Physician Assistants who are actively engaged in the practice of medicine or in an administrative role in WNC
- WNC Physician Member$250Physicians who are actively engaged in the practice of medicine or in an administrative role in a medical office or facility in any WNC county outside of Buncombe County
- Government Physician Member$250Physicians who are full-time employees of county, state, tribal or federal agencies or organizations in WNC
- Buncombe County Physician Member$350Physicians who are actively engaged in the practice of medicine or in an administrative role in a medical office or facility in Buncombe County