New State COVID-19 Guidance
March 24, 2020
Apologies for so many communications, but in this rapidly evolving world we feel it is better to over communicate rather than leave you in the dark. The state released new guidance today which is attached and posted on our MissionandMe/COVID-19 website.
Please note the following:
- Changes in testing recommendations:
- People with mild symptoms consistent with COVID-19 do NOT need testing and should be instructed to stay at home to recover. Mild symptoms defined as fever and cough without any of the following: shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chest discomfort, altered thinking, cyanosis
- Updated procedures for testing approval from local health departments
- Updated guidance for discontinuation of isolation
- Updated categories of persons at higher risk for severe illness
Please look at in detail and forward questions or concerns.
William R. Hathaway, MD FACC
Chief Medical Officer
HCA Healthcare | North Carolina Division
12 Ardmore Street, Asheville, NC 28803
HCAhealthcare.com | Connect With Us