458,676 people signed up for coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace
January 22, 2015
comments powered by
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
In North Carolina, 458,676 people signed up for coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace
HHS encourages consumers to sign up before Open Enrollment ends on Feb. 15
Nearly 7.2 million consumers selected a plan or were automatically re-enrolled in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace as of Jan. 16, 2015, including 458,676 in North Carolina.
“With just four weeks before the February 15 deadline and the end of Open Enrollment, 458,676 North Carolina consumers are counting on the Marketplace for affordable health coverage,” HHS Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell said. “Last week, just before the deadline for February 1 coverage, approximately 434,503 people in North Carolina selected a plan that worked for their family. Time is running out. If you don’t have health coverage, visit HealthCare.gov or contact the Marketplace call center to learn about your options and the financial help that is available.”
As we near the Feb. 15 deadline and end of Open Enrollment, officials from HHS are available for print, radio and television interviews. Satellite TV interviews are also available.
To request an interview with an official from HHS, email email@example.com.
Five Facts about Open Enrollment in North Carolina:
1. Since Open Enrollment began on Nov. 15, 458,676 North Carolina consumers have selected a plan or were automatically re-enrolled in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace.
2. In the first month of Open Enrollment, 92 percent of North Carolina consumers who selected health insurance plans were determined eligible for financial assistance to lower their monthly premiums.
3. In North Carolina, consumers can choose from 3 issuers in the Marketplace in 2015 – up from 2 in 2014.
4. North Carolina consumers can choose from an average of 26 health plans in their county for 2015 coverage – up from 18 in 2014.
5. 85 percent of North Carolina Marketplace enrollees as of December 2014 could obtain coverage for $100 or less after any applicable tax credits in 2015.
Help is available:
We’re working to meet consumers where they are, whether that’s online, over the phone or in person.
• Online: Information is available at HealthCare.gov or CuidadoDeSalud.gov.
• By Phone: Marketplace call center representatives are available to help all day, every day at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Assistance is available in 150 languages. The call is free.
• In person: Consumers can find local help at by visiting: Localhelp.healthcare.gov
About the Health Insurance Marketplace:
Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace for 2015 began Nov. 15, 2014, and runs through Feb. 15, 2015. Consumers should visit HealthCare.gov to review and compare health plan options and find out if they are eligible for financial assistance, which can help pay monthly premiums and reduce out-of-pocket costs when receiving services.
• To sign up for individual and family coverage, visit: https://www.healthcare.gov/apply-and-enroll/
• For more information about Health Insurance Marketplaces, visit: www.healthcare.gov/marketplace