North Carolina Medicaid and NC Health Choice Transformation- Request for Public Input
May 2, 2017
Let your voice be heard about Medicaid and Health Choice reform.
Significant efforts are underway to improve the health of North Carolinians as the North Carolina Medicaid and NC Health Choice programs transform from fee-for-service to managed care. At this point during the transformation process, the Department is requesting public input by answering questions on specific topics. This information will be used by the Department as it considers whether modifications are needed to the currently proposed and submitted 1115 waiver.
There will be a Public Input Session on May 12, 2:00-4:00 p.m., in the Ferguson Auditorium at Asheville-Buncombe Technical College, 340 Victoria Rd. Asheville, NC.
comments powered by
The department is particularly interested on feedback on how can or should North Carolina’s Medicaid and NC Health Choice programs:
• Care for the whole person to improve physical and mental health,
• Help doctors and other health care providers transition to managed care,
• Manage care to improve overall health, not only to treat injury or illness,
• Consider the impact of income, housing, lifestyle and other social circumstances on health and health care services,
• Improve quality of care,
• Pay for value, and
• Increase access to care and treat substance use disorders.